I haven’t update the blog for a long time, although I have been traveling quite a bit. I am preparing a quite an adventurous trip in December to South America. Even though I have been to many places to Europe & Asia, but never really been to South America.
While obivously I won’t have enough time to hit everything, but these sites are the things I am interested in:
Flying into Lima:
- Machu Picchu,
- Lake, Titicaca.
- (not sure if I can survive four days in the wild camping & hiking) Inca trails.
- Buenos Aires. (and maybe take a 1.5 hour ferry ride to see Uruguay :)
- Iguazu National Park
- (probably too far out of the way) the national glacier park with moving glaciers.
- New Years in Rio or San Paulo.
Fly out of San Paulo, Brazil.
The biggest dillema is couple things:
1. Should I try to do the Inca Trails? I heard it is quite difficult 4 day hike by foot. As much as I love travel, I never camped in the wild longer than that even in the US. Even though I would have to be part of a guided group, I don’t even speak spanish. Also the altitude is very high. I caught a cold earlier this year when I was visiting the MeiLi Mountain in Shangri-La, China, which had very high altitude. On the other hand, from what I read, it is an adventure of a lifetime…..
2. Do I have time to visit Chile? I heard there is a trian ride that is quite awesome experience, 36 hours from Santiago to Buenos Aires. Climbing high over the Andes mountains…